To start, I want to say that I am not whatsoever the same person today as I was when I was 10. I have clearly grown not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally too. I've began to form my own opinions and change those opinions from time to time as I learned more. I have, however, retained some of my core features as I was when I was 10. The memories and impact trauma has stayed with my to this day. But one must ask if those memories are real or made up as suggested from A Dialogue on Personal Identity and Immortality. However, since such trauma has impacted me to my core, it has stayed with me during the time my mental health suffered the most as well as during my time of recovery and self-acceptance. With all that being said, I will in no way be the same person I am today when I die.
When I pass, even if it is tomorrow, I will be a different person. I would have undergone another day.. another second of existence which ultimately has small changes on me but a change nonetheless.
While I am constantly changing due to new experiences and whatnot, I am still responsible for what I as an individual has done throughout each and every second of my life even though I am admittedly different in each of those seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment